Eating clean does not mean eating small nor does it mean eating unpalatable food. So today I have included my own recipe for beef stir-fry.
1. Take some beef (I used 0.5kg of quick cook lean steak) and cut into thin strips.
2. Stick in griddle pan on high heat (or wok I suppose) but do not add oil (the fat content of the beef should be fine for cooking). I’m not sure about the wok if you do need to then olive oil is the best oil healthwise but sesame oil gives the most authentic Chinese taste.
3. Add veg. You can put in whatever I used onions, runner peas and mushrooms but feel free to add peppers, carrots or even olives.
4. Then add 3 teaspoons of minced garlic and ginger, some lemon and chilli to taste (I used a level teaspoon of chilli and a healthy dash of lemon). You can also add salt and/or soy sauce (I didn’t because I was out of soy and I try not to cook with salt).
5. Finally add beansprouts (I was out) and some cherry tomato.
6. Serve with macadamia nuts (trust me on this, well, unless your allergic – serves 3/4).
TODAY’S FOOD LOG
Breakfast: 1 pink grapefruit followed by 2 shredded wheat
Morning Shake: whey
Snack 1: a red apple
Snack 2: a handful of macadamia nuts
Lunch: beef stir fry
Snack 1: macadamia nuts and walnuts followed by a peach
Snack 2: beef stir fry (ok it was tomorrow’s lunch but I was hungry)
Post-workout Shake: all-in-one (late session today because we were away and got back this morning)
Dinner: 3 fish curry and salad
Snack: 1 white grapefruit and mixed seeds